2015 Marching Illini Audition Clinics and Audition Dates*
September 23 | School of Music Open House – Marching Illini visitation day – No Auditions
January 24 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
February 7 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
February 28 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
February 28 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 – 3:00 PM
March 7 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
March 7 | Drumline, Guard, and Illinettes Audition Practice Clinic | 12:00 – 3:00 PM
March 17 | School of Music Open House – Woodwind and Brass Audition Day
April 11 | Illinettes Dance Team Auditions | 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
April 18 | Drumline Auditions | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
April 25 | Marching Illini Guard Auditions | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
May 2 | Woodwind and Brass Audition Day | 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
* If you are a woodwind or brass player and cannot make any of the audition days, you may schedule an individual audition on any date – you can check this when you fill out the audition registration form!
Also, please note that the Marching Illini roster fills quickly and is typically full by May. Audition Early!
If you are interested in auditioning for the Marching Illini (includes Illinettes Dance Team, Guard, Featured Twirler) or attending any of the Audition Practice Clinics, please be certain you have done the following:
(1) Be admitted to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or Parkland College
(2) Check Out our Marching Illini Audition Video
(3) Review the Marching Illini Audition Requirements
(4) Complete the Audition Registration Form (includes Illinettes, Guard and Twirler)
(5) Sign up for an audition time––a link and audition time will be sent via email one week after you fill out the registration form
- Location: All auditions and clinics take place in the historic Harding Band Building located at 1103 South Sixth Street, Champaign, Illinois 61820
- Parking: There are parking meters on the street in front of the building. The meters need to be fed on weekdays from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM, but not on the weekends.
- Upon Arrival: Proceed to the University Bands Office Room 140 and check-in. You will receive further instructions on where to warm-up and where your audition will take place.
- Audition Results: Candidates will receive results of their audition through e-mail within two weeks of the audition regarding their acceptance into the University of Illinois Bands.
- Concert Bands?: If you wish to audition for both the Concert Bands and the Marching Illini & Athletic Bands, know that it is the same audition––unless you plan to audition on a different instrument.
All ensembles are open to all University of Illinois students––all majors based on your audition.
You do not need to be a music major to join any of the University of Illinois Bands at Illinois. Because of the number of ensembles in our Band program, the majority of our alumni are non-music majors!
If you have further questions, please contact the Illinois Bands Main Office at 217.333.3025 or firstname.lastname@example.org